• Welcome to my workshop page.
• Each of these workshops is carefully designed to be a fun and supportive beginner level exploration.
• As a teacher, I am focused on imparting techniques through clear, directed discussions and demonstrations that support the methods and concepts that we will be learning.
• Together, we strive to create an exciting and safe space to explore our artistic desires and foster our talents; with everyone having a successful and fulfilling experience.
• In the end, all participants can come away with a painting they can be proud of.
Sunday, April 7th 2019
2 Pears on a table.
This class focuses
on the basics of impressionist knife work and is an exploration of tonal
Excellent both for someone who has never touched a pallette
knife before and for anyone looking to hone their tonal value or traditional painting skills.
Suggested as a entry level class
12” x 16” panel provided
Saturday & Sunday, May 4th and 5th, 2019
Painting Poppies in a summer field.
Day 1: We will explore the basics of using pallette knifes in a sculptural context; creating raised petals and leaves.
Day 2. We will be spent focusing on brush work, balancing the composition and completing the painting.
16" x 16" panel provided.
Saturday & Sunday,April 13th, 14th, 2019
A midday forest scene.
*** Please note this workshop is located in Windsor
Day 1: We will explore the basics of using pallette knifes in a traditional impressionistic style, get a lesson on tonal value and work toward completing the background.
Day 2. We will be spent focusing on painting birches, balancing the composition and completing the painting.
20" x 16" panel provided
Windsor Accelerator 1501
Windsor, ON N8X 3T5
June 7th and 8th , 2019
Painting Sunflowerson a hillside.
Day 1: We will explore the basics of using pallette knives in a sculptural
context; creating thick raised petals and leaves.
16" x 12” panel provided.
What a tremendous achievement! One and Two day workshops: painting a diverse collection of subject matters. Thank you to all that participated.
provide all materials and a delicious daily lunch. Beverages are
available throughout. Coffee, tea and pastries available upon arrival.
Doors open at 9 am.
• A scrumptious Bistro style lunch will be served at the midday break.
Vegetarian options will be available.
(All prepared by the Mighty Chef Hock.)
Dietary restrictions will be taken into consideration. Please let us know when you register.
• Refreshments will be provided throughout.
We aim to make an excellent culinary experience a part of your workshop experience.
• Estimated time frame; 5 + hours (plus lunch) for each day. (10 am. till 4 pm.)
For corporate or private group lessons of 6 or more: please inquire in the contact form above.
Examples of a Scrumptious Luncheon at one of our workshops.
--Prime Rib Roast with Roasted Pear--
Served with garlic glazed beans and rosemary roasted root veges.
Topped with an incredible pear & blueberry wine reduction.