Sunday, April 7th 2019
2 Pears on a table.
This class focuses
on the basics of impressionist knife work and is an exploration of tonal
Excellent both for someone who has never touched a pallette
knife before and for anyone looking to hone their tonal value or traditional painting skills.
Great entry level class
12” x 16” panel provided
Saturday & Sunday, April 13th, 14th, 2019
A forest painting scene workshop
*** Please note this workshop is located in Windsor
Day 1: We will explore the basics of using pallette knifes in a traditional impressionistic style, get a lesson on tonal value and work toward completing the background.
Day 2. We will be spent focusing on painting birches, balancing the composition and completing the painting.
20" x 16" panel provided
Windsor Accelerator 1501
Windsor, ON N8X 3T5
Saturday & Sunday, May 4th and 5th, 2019
Painting Poppies in a Summer Field.
Day 1: We will explore the basics of using pallette knifes in a sculptural context; creating raised petals and leaves.
Day 2. We will be spending time focusing on brush work, balancing the composition and completing the painting.
16" x 16" panel provided.
June 8th and 9th , 2019
Painting Sunflowers on a Hillside.
Day 1: We will explore the basics of using pallette knives in a sculptural
context; creating thick raised petals and leaves.
16" x 16” panel provided.
• Each of these workshops is carefully designed to be a fun and supportive beginner level exploration.
• As a teacher, I am focused on imparting techniques through clear, directed discussions and demonstrations that support the methods and concepts that we will be learning.
• Together, we strive to create an exciting and safe space to explore our artistic desires and foster our talents; with everyone having a successful and fulfilling experience.
Workshops will focus on :
• How to use a pallette knife,
• mixing colours and medium,
• the use of light in painting,
• a tonal value lesson
• sculpting with pallette knives
• tips and tricks to paint the subject matter at hand.
Additionally, I like to do a group discussion and peer critique. Participants will then have time to implement suggestions.
What a tremendous achievement! One and Two day workshops: painting a diverse collection of subject matters. Thank you to all that participated.
Coffee, tea and pastries available upon arrival.
Doors open at 9 am.
• A scrumptious Bistro style lunch will be served at the midday break.
(All prepared by the Mighty Chef Hock.)
Dietary restrictions will be taken into consideration. Vegetarian options will be available. Please let us know when you register.
We aim to make your culinary experience a memorial part of your workshop experience.
• Refreshments will be provided throughout.
• Estimated time frame; 5 + hours (plus lunch) for each day. (10 am. till 4 pm.)
All workshops are conducted in Guelph, Ontario, at my Elizabeth Street Gallery unless otherwise stated. (93 Elizabeth Street, N1E 2X1)
For corporate or private group lessons of 6 or more: please inquire in the contact form above.
A private group lesson in a client's home.
Examples of a Scrumptious Luncheon at one of our workshops.
--Prime Rib Roast with Roasted Pear--
Served with garlic glazed beans and rosemary roasted root veges.
Topped with an incredible pear & blueberry wine reduction.